First African Fiscal Policy Forum
Inequalities in Taxing Rights
Thursday, 16 December 2021, 02:00 PM (South African Standard Time), Virtual Meeting
The Coalition for Dialogue on Africa (CODA) and the South Centre, together with other key stakeholders are co-organizing a series of dialogues to discuss and address the issues related to stemming IFFs from Africa.
The main objective of this dialogue series is to bring together key stakeholders to discuss the current global processes towards combatting IFFs, re-allocation of taxing rights, the role of African regional institutions, the importance and place of Africa’s voice and representation in these processes.
The dialogue series will examine the legitimacy of these processes, including the nature of Africa’s representation in the global conversations and the outcome of the processes with respect to Africa’s interest.
Register for the event:
Webinar ID: 876 4706 5445
Webinar Passcode: 643784
- Concept Note
- Statement by Mrs. (Dr.) Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, Honourable Minister of Finance, Budget & National Planning, Nigeria
- Statement by H.E. Shaukat Tareen, Finance Minister of Pakistan
- Presentation by H.E. Hakim Ben Hammouda, CoDA Board Member & Chair, CoDA Technical Committee on Domestic Resource Mobilization
- Presentation by Dr. Sol Picciotto, Coordinator, BEPS Monitoring Group (BMG)
- Outcomes and Recommendations of the First African Fiscal Policy Forum